Hidden Gems & Small-Scale Moments


Yesterday was some other episode of "Bonnie & the Endodontist" - something NO ONE (including me) wants to revisit.  

But waiting room time is waiting room time as well as I took that time to flip through the photos on my phone to organize, file, delete...yous become the moving picture.

And right away you become the pictures!

I took these photos of this old lovely abandoned place on the Cinco de Mayo Grand Prix operate that Martha together with I enjoyed terminal Th.


Side view -

I wish I could rescue as well as restore them all!  I bet the diamond design underneath roof pinnacle was just lovely at 1 time -

And sure as shooting the moss green shutters were the perfect accent to the white outside of the family. 


I tin envision gentle breezes wafting curtains from open windows on the inside, letting inwards the fresh leap air together with clearing out the final of the shut-upwards winter stuffiness of fireplace warmed spaces.

As happens all about hither - it's the LAND that holds the value, non the dilapidated one-time farm houses.  The country is even so beingness farmed. 

And I console myself that the state has not been turned over into subdivisions alongside gated entries in addition to HOAs.  There is that.


This happened concluding eve upon returning from the endodontist - 

I posted before well-nigh taking the blinds down as well as giving them a skilful ability launder.  What I didn't name is before they were to become back up, the underside where they hang received a novel coat of pigment.

We are sprucing upward for porch flavour! (And it is supposed to be common cold in addition to rainy this weekend, only oh well - eventually it volition live porch flavour!)

The blinds were rehung terminal nighttime - Today housekeeper Susan comes too nosotros'll pass today too tomorrow getting everything spit spot for the Muddy Creek Misfits arriving on Wed.

While flowers for Mother'second Day are squeamish for a few days until they are gone, this form of assist is i that keeps on giving too I am then grateful for even the lilliputian things that are done every twenty-four hour period to continue this dream of ours running.


Doesn't await similar much - just so helpful!

This is the dorsum side of the door to the attic decease-through from the within of bedroom #5.

Things aren't level - in addition to this door would never stay shut, then at that place was a slide lock on the other side of the door to go on it unopen - 

But it never failed - I'd be on the front end side of the family and desire to function the choke through to get to the back side through here, merely so - the door would live locked on the other side. (Which meant going downwards 1 ready of stairs, across the whole household, up the back set up of stairs to unlock it from the other side.)

A elementary door spring solved the problem inward x minutes.  YAY!

No more necessitate to lock that door, together with it will automatically close cheers to the jump.

It really is the uncomplicated things inward life that make the biggest divergence, right?


THIS!

We already talked nearly not talking nigh this.

Enough said -

Next upward is a crown. UGH.


But this is the best thing from yesterday!

My driveway lilac hedge is finally bursting - together with YES - the fragrance is hither!


Ready to flare-up -

There are a few star shaped blossoms visible, just there will be and then much more over the side by side week just about - 


Have y'all always had individual contact yous almost "Where make I beginning to learn quilting?" too yous wished yous lived shut and so you could simply SHOW them?

A high school friend of mine (We were inward schoolhouse together 43 years agone!) reached out via Facebook messenger regarding the higher up string star progress photograph as well as said she wants to brand quilts.  She has made over 1500 masks as well as has lots of scraps.

I suggested she effort something uncomplicated to set about alongside - only I'1000 non sure which blueprint to outset amongst.

I idea something with triangles would not be the best affair - and so I asked what was the average size of her leftover mask scraps and then I can get a experience for what she is working alongside.

I was thinking of Bitcoin to showtime amongst, because as long equally her seam allowance is consistent, everything volition fall together swimmingly.

And like I said - I wished I lived close (She is inwards California) and then I could but pop past in addition to exhibit her.

Today - Friend Martha is popping by for more Accuquilt strip cut.


Maymont Sneak Peek!

This picayune ditty was my final autumn project to use up an abundance of curt strips as well as it became a riot of scrappiness - together with volition live our May '22 PDF Pattern free!

I've named it Maymont  - the mention inspired past the100-acre Maymont historic estate as well as common, located inward Richmond, Virginia.

This quilt is form of set out like a good planned garden, isn't it?

And maybe once this ane is finished beingness written - it volition live but perfect for my friend to kickoff alongside as it is all slow piecing, no triangles.

Be watching for this pattern loose as well as gift-away to occur on Mon, May 16th!

(Which way I best go busy!)


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

To those who don't empathise this passion called quilting, it must seem similar a strange matter indeed.⁣
However, equally I follow the force of my inner vocalization I know I am on the correct path.
Just directly me to the textile!


 
close
Banner iklan disini