Make What You Can, Alongside What You Lot Take, Where Yous Are.


When e'er I experience at that place is besides much on my plate, I remember the fabulous instance of my friend Jill - who equally a CPA working through the hellfire of tax season will STILL discover a manner to do things that center her soul too set her mean solar day off on a positive bank bill -

By sewing simple together with super cute children'sec quilts from charm squares of novelties as well as brights.  She'second turned out hundreds - all inwards xx to 30 minutes of early on morning time fourth dimension before heading off for her busy workday.


I may not have time to make loads of donation quilts for kids in take - just I for sure tin assistance out past pressing as well as cut textile into v'' squares too go them into the hands of those who CAN make the assembly part.

It takes a hamlet - y'all never know where what yous can supply can fill up a need.  Many hands in addition to all that, correct?

This is what I was doing while dealing with the word coming from Washington DC every bit I watched our human being rights slide closer to the chopping block.

This is something I can make patch I experience hopeless.

I was able to agree 6 pounds of 5'' squares into 1 padded priority post envelope.  It should attain its finish inwards a dyad of days.  

There is a promise together with a prayer too a want for beloved together with happiness in every foursquare - for each of the children who will have these quilts.  

The world is getting scarier amongst each passing twenty-four hour period.  These children are our future. What can nosotros make to assure their good existence equally they grow?

If you lot are unable to make donation quilts for whatsoever arrangement that needs quilts - peradventure you CAN assist amongst material supplies or fifty-fifty pressing as well as cut and so that mortal can only sew.


The Muddy Creek Misfits are inwards the home!

And the porch is cook!


There will live tiffin out here today!


And overnight - the Rhodies started blooming!


Only a few accept popped so far -

But more than are coming!


I spent much of yesterday at my desk getting Maymont cook for design free 24-hour interval this coming Mon five/sixteen/22.

Lola idea she would assist past keeping the quilt from walking away.  Good chore, Lola!


Photo ops happened yesterday as well!

I tried a few dissimilar locations - each came amongst their ain challenges of either besides much current of air, also much shade, or simply didn't await right.

So hither I am sharing 1 of the reject photos with y'all.  LOL! Blotchy shade AND gusty current of air!

But you lot get the idea - as well as I tin can't await to have this fix - remember when I was making this dorsum final fall? I was able to function upward and so many curt strips from my Scrap User's System in the making of Maymont.

And NO TRIANGLES!

Today my plan is to dive deep into the 2023 Addicted to Scraps column blocks that are due to Quiltmaker soon.  It feels weird to live working on things that won't happen until side by side yr, too as well working amongst different color fabric options for autumn or fifty-fifty Christmas - only if nosotros don't do it directly it simply doesn't occur.

I'k besides looking forrad to porch time amongst the retreat gals -

But start upwards (equally shortly equally I hit mail) nosotros've got to get call back the Hubster's pickup truck from Collision Express.  It'second READY!  Let'sec promise there won't live any more attack deer on the roads in the adjacent long patch.

How is your ain Th shaping upward?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

(How I love a elementary 9-piece!)

Today I'one thousand grateful for friends as well as family who have stood by me, frequently uplifting me when my own strength failed me.
My life is far happier amongst you inward it!
I'k likewise thinking of family unit and friends who have passed beyond this life. I am indeed stronger because of your examples.
You are greatly missed!

Okay - on alongside Thursday - make it a adept ane!


 
close
Banner iklan disini