Quilt With A Friend Day!


Is there any other variety of twenty-four hours that is much meliorate than Quilt With a Friend Day?

Martha is on a mission to accept this patriotic version of Hearts of Hope ready for gifting this weekend to a exceptional recipient currently inwards the military.

Of grade I welcome the chatting and quilt play fourth dimension!

I besides dearest around of the unproblematic variations she made along the way of creating her ain Hearts of Hope quilt.


Quilt tiptop before loading.

Where I used alternating squares of each colour inward the narrow pieced inner edge - she only saved the trimmings from her bluish string pages that became the eye tops, cutting those to width and made a narrow string border from them.  Brilliant!  And no waste that style.  Well done!


Martha - Patiently pinning inward.

She learned approximately things spell nosotros were doing this - nosotros used a zig-zag sew to piece close to batting scraps together to brand the batting large enough. I ever beloved the frugal satisfaction of a expert "franken-batting!"

We likewise stay-stitched about the outside edge of the quilt elevation to go on all of those seams from popping open during the quilting procedure.

String blocks tin be stretchy due to the bias together with the remain stitching too keeps seams from flipping, and minimizes stretch.


Hot off the car!


We used the Blue Star panto from urbanelementz.com on this 1.  The golden/straw colored thread was merely the correct bear upon to accent across those blues and not call too loudly against the neutrals.


Blue stripe for a binding win!

Knowing Martha, she's probable half-finished amongst stitching downwards that binding by mitt already.  She is speedy!

How are yous coming along amongst your ain Hearts of Hope quilt?  I'm yet seeing quilts beingness finished left together with right - blocks being worked on.  There is no deadline, and so delight go on sharing!


More Mother's Day!

This arrived - give thanks you Amazon!  Ordered by the Hubster - he obviously thinks nosotros demand a nutrient saver.

I've used it a twain of times then far - things similar saving together with freezing half of the double-batch of taco heart and soul, and dividing chicken wings in addition to porch chops up into smaller packages for cooking for ii.

I require more ideas.  What too how do yous function your nutrient saver?  Tell me your favorite tips in addition to tricks - 

I had to clear a space on the counter for it every bit storage in my little cabin is express, too I know if I don't go on it out, I won't become drag it out of storage to role it.

Share amongst me how to become the best use out of this gift that I didn't know that I needed!

I really don't desire this to stop upwardly in the closet AKA the appliance graveyard.

Today is RETREAT DAY for the Muddy Creek Misfits!  YAY!

Housekeeper Susan arrived vivid and early yesterday to offset her 2-twenty-four hours cleaning routine from superlative to bottom, bottom to elevation.

I got to show her the creature of a sideboard, as well as the convenient jump on the chamber #5 door that now will rest close without having to latch it from the inside.

The atmospheric condition looks lovely today and then on my agenda is sprucing upwardly the back porch for exterior dining too relaxing.  The gals should get-go pulling in later 3pm.


We accept openings!

The  upcoming Quilters of the Night retreat hosted by Joanne Hubbard has a duo available openings for their group retreat coming upwards May 25 -May thirty, 2022.
Yes - this is over Memorial Day weekend!
Please contact Joanne straight at jo9of12@gmail.com for all inquiries as she is the Hostess amongst the Mostest for this result.
I look forward to welcoming yous (too a friend!) to Quiltville Inn inward beautiful Mouth of Wilson, Virginia for roughly Memorial Day quilting, porch sitting too more than!


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Sometimes our everyday routine moments get our happiest memories.
I am cherishing the everyday routine of it all!
My goal today is to observe joy too pleasure in absolutely ordinary things.

Like making 12 beds, in addition to fixing upwards the dorsum porch inward anticipation of much quilty fun ahead -

Enjoy your Wed, everyone!


 
close
Banner iklan disini