From Hen Den To Forepart Porch!


How toasty is this scene?

I've mentioned enough over the past handful of days how cold together with blech it'second been here including our snow on Saturday.

Yesterday we seemed to be pulling out of it - bright sunshine in addition to no clouds at to the lowest degree - simply that WIND

It made for an interesting twenty-four hours, let me enjoin you!


I dear the warm cozies happening in the hen den in the mornings as quilters get together too snack a fleck amongst their morning time coffees - jammies notwithstanding on in many cases in addition to the gas stove casting a comforting glow.

I heard tales of some staying upward equally belatedly every bit 3am to proceed sewing - as for me, I turn in to a pumpkin by 10pm!

And when I come inwards the adjacent morning about 9:30am it'sec similar the quilt faeries take been busy at the machines because projects accept been completed in addition to new ones begun!


Yesterday's beauty on my engagement fourth dimension out!

The sky was incredible too this tree was inwards the parking lot.  like a shot if solely the temps could kickoff to acquit a bit improve I'd live able to relish it!


While I was out as well as almost, at that place were shenanigans going on!


Including brownies too whipped cream!


Raucous high stakes games of left-right-eye!

What a haul! 

The wind though - the wind!  I stopped at Walmart on my manner dorsum to telephone exchange a couplet of sandals I had bought inwards the incorrect size.

When I went to open up my door, the current of air caught it in addition to banged it right into the car adjacent to me!  You tin't believe how potent that current of air was.

Of class, the lady was sitting IN the automobile - which made things tardily for me to exchange names, phone numbers, insurance data - too I simply felt then ill about it.  But approximately things are out of our control, correct?  And that is why we HAVE insurance, correct?  It was a scrape of pigment on her rider door, together with it will live taken attention of.  

But that WIND!  By the fourth dimension I got back to the house inwards time to do porch photos nosotros know nosotros'd take to do something a bit crazy to go it all done.


The air current came from the due west!

Which meant if we did individual photos upward against the brick of the turret role of the porch, the wind would blow the quilts against the brick in addition to they'd look fairly apartment.

A brace of Rhododendron Trail quilts as well as a Rivanna inwards aqua!


Garden Party from the Addicted to Scraps volume, a gorgeous string quilt superlative, in addition to Frolic!


Grand Illusion, On Ringo Lake in addition to Patches & Pinwheels from the Free Patterns tab!

Frolic, Old Tobacco Road from the Free Patterns tab at the bottom where former mysteries notwithstanding dwell!) together with a beautiful basket weave!

Yes that is Jacqueline standing side by side to Jacqueline through the magic of photo editing! LOL!


Many moons agone (many, many moons!) Jaqueline traveled alongside me to Bali where nosotros had a workshop solar day doing our own batiking.  She AWESOMELY used her batik sample on the dorsum of the handbasket weave quilts

As to my ain batiking?  Well, it'second somewhere.  I'k not sure where!  But when I observe it I mean I'1000 going to make this same variety of affair.

We inked, nosotros stamped and drew alongside wax. We dyed too overdyed. What a cracking manner to capture those memories!


A scrap gusty, merely they are all hither!


Thanks for visiting, Sisters of the Stash!


Last dark'sec activities later on I returned domicile!

Cars were all being packed before as well as later dinner terminal nighttime for an early on deviation this morn.

It was a designated handwork nighttime in the dining room alongside Irene'sec projector showing Pitch Perfect on the wall piece needle too thread stitches bindings, applique, or pulled newspaper from paper pieced string blocks.  Some were besides exhausted too merely settled in to picket together with savour.

I don't blame them - it's been a busy calendar week with and so much going on!


I love this photo!

What a full in addition to busy weekend was had alongside the Sisters of the Stash inwards residence at Quiltville Inn!

There was plenty of quilting and adept food at manus every bit Irene from Cotton to Quilts  catered all of the lunches together with dinners for this venue!  

That agency no cooking for the quilters - it's delicious nutrient too pampering all the way! (We fifty-fifty pulled out the GOOD china!)

Irene hosts iii quilt retreats hither at Quiltville Inn throughout the yr - March, June and Oct.

If you lot are a single someone who doesn't desire to prepare - drib her an email HERE. Get yourself on her mailing list for futurity retreats.  We'd dearest to welcome y'all at Quiltville Inn!

I arrived at the QPO at 8:45 this morn - web log post non finished - so I could moving ridge everyone off, simply at that place was solely Irene'second vehicle remaining in addition to she, Michelle together with Sherry were already pulling out.  It'second a 6 to seven hour campaign dwelling for them, only there are three quilt shop stops planned for the ride dwelling so it may be bedtime before they become at that place.  Enjoy, ladies!

As for me, the laundry is already running - today'second design is to accept care of the graphics as well as pace out photos for this Friday'second Hearts of Hope Sew-Along, Part Two!

How are you lot coming along on Part One??


This ane is begging for a chip of attending, in addition to I just may decide to sit inwards my comfy chair together with pass her that attending as well as let my encephalon finish spinning for a minute.

Until it is time to switch the laundry from the washer to the dryer as well as commencement the side by side load -

What do yous have upwardly for this Tuesday? Anything fun happening inwards your Earth?

Only a few days left to salvage!

The patterns for Monkey Business as well as Bear Branch are both marked 25% off inwards the digital pattern department of the Quiltville Store too the Quiltville Etsy Store.  No coupon needed.

Save fifty-fifty more with the Monkey Business & Bear Branch Pattern Bundle, alone available for a limited time, through three/31/22.

Of grade, digital patterns, books, rulers, notions and other goodies also as PDF patterns are available equally always inward the Quiltville Store on my website. 

I mean that catches us all upwards for directly!


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Our feel of humor is ane our most important defenses!
Life is then much amend when nosotros don't have things then seriously, and tin laugh at ourselves along the manner!

I'1000 telling myself to loosen upward as well as lighten upward too discover or so humor inwards the manner the wind took the door from my hands as well as caused that lilliputian accident.  In the whole system of things I am reminded oft of -

"You never know what worse luck your bad luck has saved you lot from!"

Let your giggle out!

Have a keen Tuesday, everyone!


 
close
Banner iklan disini