From Hen Den To Front End Porch!


How toasty is this scene?

I've mentioned enough over the by handful of days how common cold in addition to blech it'second been here including our snow on Sabbatum.

Yesterday nosotros seemed to be pulling out of it - vivid sunshine too no clouds at to the lowest degree - only that WIND

It made for an interesting 24-hour interval, allow me tell y'all!


I beloved the warm cozies happening inwards the hen den inward the mornings as quilters assemble and snack a fleck amongst their morn coffees - jammies yet on inwards many cases and the gas stove casting a comforting glow.

I heard tales of approximately staying up every bit belatedly every bit 3am to continue sewing - equally for me, I plow inward to a pumpkin past 10pm!

And when I come up in the adjacent morning time around nine:30am it'sec like the quilt faeries take been busy at the machines because projects have been completed together with new ones begun!


Yesterday'sec beauty on my date time out!

The sky was incredible too this tree was inward the parking lot.  forthwith if only the temps could beginning to comport a bit better I'd live able to relish it!


While I was out too near, in that location were shenanigans going on!


Including brownies together with whipped cream!


Raucous high stakes games of left-correct-centre!

What a haul! 

The wind though - the air current!  I stopped at Walmart on my way dorsum to telephone exchange a couplet of sandals I had bought inwards the incorrect size.

When I went to open up my door, the wind caught it together with banged it right into the automobile next to me!  You tin can't believe how strong that current of air was.

Of class, the lady was sitting IN the car - which made things slow for me to central names, ring numbers, insurance information - and I merely felt then sick about it.  But just about things are out of our command, right?  And that is why nosotros HAVE insurance, correct?  It was a scrape of paint on her passenger door, and it will live taken attention of.  

But that WIND!  By the fourth dimension I got back to the house inward fourth dimension to do porch photos we know we'd take to do something a chip crazy to get it all done.


The current of air came from the due west!

Which meant if nosotros did private photos upwards against the brick of the turret role of the porch, the air current would blow the quilts against the brick in addition to they'd expect fairly flat.

A span of Rhododendron Trail quilts and a Rivanna in aqua!


Garden Party from the Addicted to Scraps volume, a gorgeous string quilt meridian, and Frolic!


Grand Illusion, On Ringo Lake too Patches & Pinwheels from the Free Patterns tab!

Frolic, Old Tobacco Road from the Free Patterns tab at the bottom where onetime mysteries all the same dwell!) too a beautiful basket weave!

Yes that is Jacqueline standing next to Jacqueline through the magic of photograph editing! LOL!


Many moons ago (many, many moons!) Jaqueline traveled with me to Bali where we had a workshop 24-hour interval doing our own batiking.  She AWESOMELY used her batik sample on the dorsum of the handbasket weave quilts

As to my own batiking?  Well, it'second somewhere.  I'thousand not sure where!  But when I find it I intend I'1000 going to do this same kind of matter.

We inked, nosotros stamped as well as drew amongst wax. We dyed too overdyed. What a great fashion to capture those memories!


A flake gusty, simply they are all here!


Thanks for visiting, Sisters of the Stash!


Last nighttime's activities later I returned home!

Cars were all existence packed earlier together with subsequently dinner concluding night for an early on divergence this forenoon.

It was a designated handwork nighttime inward the dining room alongside Irene'second projector showing Pitch Perfect on the wall patch needle together with thread stitches bindings, applique, or pulled newspaper from paper pieced string blocks.  Some were also exhausted in addition to just settled inward to scout as well as bask.

I don't blame them - it'second been a busy week alongside then much going on!


I love this photo!

What a total as well as busy weekend was had with the Sisters of the Stash inward residence at Quiltville Inn!

There was enough of quilting together with skilful food at manus as Irene from Cotton to Quilts  catered all of the lunches too dinners for this venue!  

That agency no cooking for the quilters - it'second delicious nutrient together with pampering all the style! (We even pulled out the GOOD china!)

Irene hosts iii quilt retreats hither at Quiltville Inn throughout the year - March, June in addition to October.

If you are a single someone who doesn't want to make - drib her an e-mail HERE. Get yourself on her mailing listing for future retreats.  We'd beloved to welcome you lot at Quiltville Inn!

I arrived at the QPO at viii:45 this morning time - weblog mail service not finished - and so I could wave everyone off, simply in that location was entirely Irene's vehicle remaining in addition to she, Michelle as well as Sherry were already pulling out.  It'sec a half dozen to 7 60 minutes campaign home for them, just in that location are 3 quilt store stops planned for the ride dwelling house then it may be bedtime before they become at that place.  Enjoy, ladies!

As for me, the laundry is already running - today'second plan is to take aid of the graphics and step out photos for this Friday'sec Hearts of Hope Sew-Along, Part Two!

How are y'all coming along on Part One??


This one is begging for a chip of attending, too I but may determine to sit in my comfy chair and reach her that attending together with let my encephalon cease spinning for a minute.

Until it is time to switch the laundry from the washer to the dryer and starting time the next load -

What do yous have upwardly for this Tuesday? Anything fun happening inwards your world?

Only a few days left to relieve!

The patterns for Monkey Business too Bear Branch are both marked 25% off in the digital pattern section of the Quiltville Store as well as the Quiltville Etsy Store.  No coupon needed.

Save even more than with the Monkey Business & Bear Branch Pattern Bundle, only available for a limited time, through iii/31/22.

Of grade, digital patterns, books, rulers, notions too other goodies besides equally PDF patterns are available equally e'er in the Quiltville Store on my website. 

I think that catches us all upwards for immediately!


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

Our feel of humour is 1 our about of import defenses!
Life is then much amend when we don't accept things and so seriously, in addition to tin can express joy at ourselves along the manner!

I'one thousand telling myself to loosen upwards in addition to lighten upward too notice or so sense of humour in the fashion the current of air took the door from my hands as well as caused that petty accident.  In the whole scheme of things I am reminded ofttimes of -

"You never know what worse luck your bad luck has saved y'all from!"

Let your giggle out!

Have a cracking Tuesday, everyone!


 
close
Banner iklan disini