Tuesday Alongside The Cows!


Yesterday was a back-as well as-forth from the QPO studio to the inn side by side door -

The Sisters of the Stash had bundled up in addition to left early on - then early on that I barely caught the final vehicle every bit it was backing out of the parking lot.

And hither I thought I hurried fast enough to catch them!

What so began is a routine of putting things all back together to become prepare for the side by side group.

Quiltville Inn will live hosting The Quilt District, arriving next Midweek - I've got a week off to grab my breath!

Tara Miller of Altanta, GA heads upwardly The Quilt District too besides serves on the Board of Directors of the American Quilt Study Group (AQSG), is a fellow member of the Modern Quilt Guild, too founded the Atlanta Quilt Study Group in 2019.

I empathise in that location will live a "quilt turning" of antique quilts in addition to I am and so excited.  I'll take around of my ain to throw into the mix.

So dorsum to those cows -


And that storm that looked ominous -

I trundled dorsum as well as forth virtually every 50 minutes more or less switching loads from washer to dryer together with started novel loads.  It'second a joy - non a drudgery.  I have always loved fresh laundry warm from the dryer too setting things correct inward anticipation for our adjacent guests merely ticks all of the boxes inward my book.

I listened to the mooing going on down below.  It merely makes me grin!  Click to Play:


My solely wishing is that it were a scrap warmer!


The daffodils are near on their final legs - if in that location are just about notwithstanding hanging on side by side week I'll cut them as well as put them inside the inn.  The hapless darlings, they've had a crude go of it this jump!


There was close to material fondling happening yesterday besides!

Three boxes of gifted stash made their style from California to me via UPS too I dug correct inwards to run across just what was within.  Oh male child, oh boy, oh boy!

Loads of neutrals, a whole pile of greens, plenty of blues too reds - and a whole array of 1930s type prints that volition be then fun to play amongst!

Sometimes it is the cloth combinations inward front end of me that beginning me thinking of what I mightiness like to make side by side.

I've been dying to get back into the recycled shirt plaids - and possibly using the toasty sandy darker neutrals equally background.  We'll see.  There are other things inwards the making correct straightaway that necessitate to come up kickoff - merely oh, the possibilities!

I have had questions on what to make with "topic" type fabrics too I took photos of this i just to exhibit yous:


This is ane/two one thousand of Secret Garden.

It would make a GREAT quilt dorsum - there is and then much going on.  The vignettes are precious.  But what to make with i/two grand as well back a pillow or placemat?

It mightiness look likewise vivid and busy to cut pocket-sized on the front side - simply don't forget to look at the BACK SIDE of anything that tends to read as a neutral ground, just has a lot of busy on it. 


The underside is much more than subtle!

I stripped this upward in addition to will role it as a neutral from the dorsum. I dearest the low volume colors in it this manner much more than I like it from the elevation. I like it improve inwards pieces than I like it whole.

What do y'all intend?  Can yous run into yourself doing something similar that?

Some also went to strings - it's actually going to make things more than interesting this way.

You know how it is "Always Something?"

The basement refrigerator at home (That was the kitchen fridge when nosotros moved here 5 years agone - earlier nosotros upgraded alongside a novel refrigerator a yoke years agone) was making a clankety racket.  The compressor was going. It was singing the expiry dirge.

It was twenty years one-time at least - it had served us and the past family who owned this place well, only it was on its last days.

A design was hatched to accept the back entry guest fridge from the inn habitation to alive in the basement hither, too to take a NEW guest fridge delivered to the inn.  That i needed an upgrade too.

So concluding dark we hauled the dying refrigerator over and then it tin live picked upwardly past Lowes when they deliver the novel 1 to the inn on Thursday.  We trailered upward the invitee refrigerator from the inn together with brought it home where it is directly humming quietly inward the basement.  So far so skillful!


On the mode dwelling house - Who allow the cows out???

There are two exterior of the contend!

This brings my day total circle as I'd been talking to the cows all mean solar day.  But the reaction from the dogs?


Nope, tin can't be bothered. LOL!

They wouldn't fifty-fifty await out the windows!

The design for today is to set the fabric fondling aside together with become back to those footstep out photos in addition to graphics for Fri'second  Hearts of Hope Sew-Along, Part Two!

How are you coming along on Part One??


Only a few days left to save!

The patterns for Monkey Business as well as Bear Branch are both marked 25% off inwards the digital blueprint department of the Quiltville Store too the Quiltville Etsy Store.  No coupon needed.

Save even more amongst the Monkey Business & Bear Branch Pattern Bundle, only available for a limited fourth dimension, through three/31/22.

Of class, digital patterns, books, rulers, notions and other goodies likewise every bit PDF patterns are available equally e'er inwards the Quiltville Store on my website. 

I intend that catches us all upwardly for instantly!

What do you lot accept on your ain plate for today?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

The older I go, "the more than the merrier" has less in addition to less draw.
I've come to realize that it becomes less important to have more than friends, too more than of import to accept real ones.
The circle may decrease inward size, merely it has increased in value!

Have a wonderful Wed, everyone!


 
close
Banner iklan disini