Tuesday Amongst The Cows!


Yesterday was a dorsum-in addition to-forth from the QPO studio to the inn adjacent door -

The Sisters of the Stash had bundled up and left early on - then early that I barely caught the last vehicle as it was backing out of the parking lot.

And here I thought I hurried fast enough to grab them!

What then began is a routine of putting things all back together to go make for the adjacent group.

Quiltville Inn will be hosting The Quilt District, arriving next Midweek - I've got a calendar week off to catch my breath!

Tara Miller of Altanta, GA heads upward The Quilt District as well as also serves on the Board of Directors of the American Quilt Study Group (AQSG), is a fellow member of the Modern Quilt Guild, in addition to founded the Atlanta Quilt Study Group inward 2019.

I sympathise in that location volition be a "quilt turning" of antique quilts too I am and so excited.  I'll accept some of my ain to throw into the mix.

So back to those cows -


And that tempest that looked ominous -

I trundled dorsum together with forth most every 50 minutes just about switching loads from washer to dryer too started new loads.  It'second a joy - not a drudgery.  I take always loved fresh laundry warm from the dryer together with setting things correct inward anticipation for our side by side guests merely ticks all of the boxes inward my book.

I listened to the mooing going on downwardly below.  It simply makes me smile!  Click to Play:


My exclusively want is that it were a chip warmer!


The daffodils are nigh on their terminal legs - if at that place are roughly yet hanging on adjacent calendar week I'll cutting them in addition to pose them inside the inn.  The pathetic darlings, they've had a crude go of it this leap!


There was some fabric fondling happening yesterday too!

Three boxes of gifted stash made their fashion from California to me via UPS together with I dug correct inwards to meet merely what was within.  Oh male child, oh boy, oh boy!

Loads of neutrals, a whole pile of greens, plenty of blues too reds - and a whole array of 1930s type prints that volition be and then fun to play amongst!

Sometimes it is the cloth combinations inward front end of me that beginning me thinking of what I might similar to make next.

I've been dying to become back into the recycled shirt plaids - in addition to peradventure using the toasty sandy darker neutrals as background.  We'll come across.  There are other things inwards the making correct straightaway that postulate to come commencement - merely oh, the possibilities!

I take had questions on what to do with "topic" type fabrics as well as I took photos of this 1 but to present you lot:


This is one/two K of Secret Garden.

It would make a GREAT quilt dorsum - at that place is and so much going on.  The vignettes are precious.  But what to make with i/two thousand as well dorsum a pillow or placemat?

It mightiness expect too vivid and busy to cut pocket-sized on the forepart side - merely don't forget to await at the BACK SIDE of anything that tends to read as a neutral ground, simply has a lot of busy on it. 


The underside is much more than subtle!

I stripped this upward together with will purpose it every bit a neutral from the dorsum. I beloved the low book colors inward it this way much more than than I similar it from the height. I like it amend in pieces than I like it whole.

What do you lot mean?  Can y'all meet yourself doing something like that?

Some likewise went to strings - it'second really going to brand things more interesting this way.

You know how it is "Always Something?"

The basement refrigerator at dwelling (That was the kitchen refrigerator when we moved here five years ago - before nosotros upgraded alongside a novel fridge a duo years ago) was making a clankety noise.  The compressor was going. It was singing the death dirge.

It was 20 years quondam at least - it had served us together with the past family who owned this home good, simply it was on its final days.

A plan was hatched to accept the back entry invitee refrigerator from the inn habitation to alive inward the basement here, together with to take a NEW guest fridge delivered to the inn.  That 1 needed an upgrade also.

So final dark we hauled the dying fridge over so it tin live picked up past Lowes when they deliver the novel ane to the inn on Th.  We trailered upwards the guest refrigerator from the inn and brought it habitation where it is now humming quietly in the basement.  So far so skillful!


On the mode abode - Who let the cows out???

There are two exterior of the argue!

This brings my twenty-four hours total circle as I'd been talking to the cows all 24-hour interval.  But the reaction from the dogs?


Nope, can't be bothered. LOL!

They wouldn't even look out the windows!

The plan for today is to set up the material fondling aside together with get dorsum to those footstep out photos too graphics for Friday'second  Hearts of Hope Sew-Along, Part Two!

How are you lot coming along on Part One??


Only a few days left to save!

The patterns for Monkey Business in addition to Bear Branch are both marked 25% off in the digital design section of the Quiltville Store in addition to the Quiltville Etsy Store.  No coupon needed.

Save fifty-fifty more than with the Monkey Business & Bear Branch Pattern Bundle, only available for a express time, through iii/31/22.

Of course, digital patterns, books, rulers, notions in addition to other goodies also as PDF patterns are available equally always inward the Quiltville Store on my website. 

I think that catches us all upwards for forthwith!

What do you lot accept on your ain plate for today?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

The older I become, "the more than the merrier" has less together with less draw.
I've come to realize that it becomes less of import to take more than friends, in addition to more than of import to take existent ones.
The circle may decrease inwards size, merely it has increased inwards value!

Have a wonderful Midweek, everyone!


 
close
Banner iklan disini